| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 25
Can I start Florida? Central Florida's Vegfest is tomorrow! Yay! I love trying new vegan food.

Here is the website http://cfvegfest.org/ with directions and all that good stuff incase anyone is interested.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:32 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am
Posts: 31
Location: Florida
I'll be there!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:28 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 613
Location: PA!
Is this a thread for all Florida hot spots? If so, I recommend Grass Root. Went there while I was in town for the week, modest selection, but it's run by Vegans. Food was great too.

_________________
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. - Einstein.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 3807
Location: St. Louis
is grass roots in tampa?
I am really excited, the family I have who lives there (dad+stepfambly) are moving from this horrible stepford-y area to tampa, which seems (from what i've heard) to be less stepford-y.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:37 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 613
Location: PA!
It is in Tampa.

_________________
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. - Einstein.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:59 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 am
Posts: 1034
Location: On the lam.
Is anyone going to the VegFest in Jacksonville on November 5th? I'll be there!

_________________
The Urban Housewife
+ The Urban Housewife on Facebook
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life - out in November!
Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:05 am 
Writes Vegan Haiku
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:21 am
Posts: 29
Someone come and make Tallahassee better for me!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:47 am 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Denver
melisser wrote:
Is anyone going to the VegFest in Jacksonville on November 5th? I'll be there!


I was never a fan of Jacksonville, but you should try to visit St. Augustine while you're there!

_________________
my roommate spilled tuna juice on the bathroom floor while he was eating on the toilet! should i bleach the floor or just tear up the tile? - acr
Vegan Coloradical


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 pm
Posts: 3690
Location: Panama City, Florida
Sun of Samsa wrote:
Someone come and make Tallahassee better for me!


Or panama city better for me!

_________________
etsy shop: teeny tiny tantrums
blog: vegan kid!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 am
Posts: 1034
Location: On the lam.
abbierae wrote:
melisser wrote:
Is anyone going to the VegFest in Jacksonville on November 5th? I'll be there!


I was never a fan of Jacksonville, but you should try to visit St. Augustine while you're there!


I'm only in town for 24 hours! Book tour calls.

_________________
The Urban Housewife
+ The Urban Housewife on Facebook
The Vegan Girl's Guide to Life - out in November!
Cruelty Free Face
Morrissey Hates Murder

Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:58 pm 
Writes Vegan Haiku
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm
Posts: 25
We certainly can talk about Florida hotspots for vegans. I'm in Orlando. We are starting to really have so great vegan options. I love Dandelion Cafe near downtown Orlando.

Vegfest was so much fun today. I went with my mom and daughter. We were overwhelmed by having so many choices.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3560
Location: It's hot. All the time.
melisser wrote:
abbierae wrote:
melisser wrote:
Is anyone going to the VegFest in Jacksonville on November 5th? I'll be there!


I was never a fan of Jacksonville, but you should try to visit St. Augustine while you're there!


I'm only in town for 24 hours! Book tour calls.

I'm coming up from the other side of the state! That's dedication.


There used to be a huge Vegan Orlando thread on the old boards. Orlando is really a great place to eat. I love the Drunken Monkey not least of all because they are next door to the Beefy King.
Orlando also has a vegan bakery.

If you come to St Pete, you need to get an AbbieRay special at Rollin Oats. Its better known as a blackened tofu melt.

Right now, I am at the Globe Coffee House eating a spicy portobello wrap.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Denver
Vantine wrote:


There used to be a huge Vegan Orlando thread on the old boards. Orlando is really a great place to eat. I love the Drunken Monkey not least of all because they are next door to the Beefy King.
Orlando also has a vegan bakery.

If you come to St Pete, you need to get an AbbieRay special at Rollin Oats. Its better known as a blackened tofu melt.

Right now, I am at the Globe Coffee House eating a spicy portobello wrap.


I have dreams about the fu melt. There isn't much to it, but it is greasy and magical.

_________________
my roommate spilled tuna juice on the bathroom floor while he was eating on the toilet! should i bleach the floor or just tear up the tile? - acr
Vegan Coloradical


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:31 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Orlando, FL
Veg Fest was awesome! I couldn't believe how many vegan baked goods booths there were, it was really hard deciding what to get. but everything I had was so delicious. :9


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:39 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3560
Location: It's hot. All the time.
abbierae wrote:
Vantine wrote:


There used to be a huge Vegan Orlando thread on the old boards. Orlando is really a great place to eat. I love the Drunken Monkey not least of all because they are next door to the Beefy King.
Orlando also has a vegan bakery.

If you come to St Pete, you need to get an AbbieRay special at Rollin Oats. Its better known as a blackened tofu melt.

Right now, I am at the Globe Coffee House eating a spicy portobello wrap.


I have dreams about the fu melt. There isn't much to it, but it is greasy and magical.

I am on a mission to get the recipe. One of their chefs is a library patron...

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:50 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Denver
Vantine wrote:
abbierae wrote:
Vantine wrote:


There used to be a huge Vegan Orlando thread on the old boards. Orlando is really a great place to eat. I love the Drunken Monkey not least of all because they are next door to the Beefy King.
Orlando also has a vegan bakery.

If you come to St Pete, you need to get an AbbieRay special at Rollin Oats. Its better known as a blackened tofu melt.

Right now, I am at the Globe Coffee House eating a spicy portobello wrap.


I have dreams about the fu melt. There isn't much to it, but it is greasy and magical.

I am on a mission to get the recipe. One of their chefs is a library patron...


I think I know what it is! Prepackaged Tree of Life spicy smoked tofu, Vegenaise with garlic, tomato, and toffutti slices on white bread that's all slathered up with Earth Balance and then grilled. Let me know if you find out otherwise!

_________________
my roommate spilled tuna juice on the bathroom floor while he was eating on the toilet! should i bleach the floor or just tear up the tile? - acr
Vegan Coloradical


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 am 
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:27 am
Posts: 41
Location: Orlando
Sweet Fritsy was at Veg Fest! I'll be there next year too for sure, it was amazing! Met so many new awesome customers :)

_________________
Sweet Fritsy-100% Vegan Baked Goods
http://www.sweetfritsy.etsy.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:46 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Orlando, FL
sweetfritsy wrote:
Sweet Fritsy was at Veg Fest! I'll be there next year too for sure, it was amazing! Met so many new awesome customers :)


I bought your cupcakes! they were crazy good!


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Louisiana
Sun of Samsa wrote:
Someone come and make Tallahassee better for me!


Tallahassee has a decent selection of restaurants! I just moved from Tally after living there for 5 years. It's a gold mine compared to where I live now :(

Soul Veg (enough said! be careful, they use honey is some things.)
All Saints Cafe (cafe fare, soymilk, all vegan food menu, but most baked goods are not vegan)
Fat Sandwich (tempeh wrap is good, right next to all saints. Last I heard they were going to start making their own bread)
New Leaf Market (and deli/cafe. cooperative grocery store; plenty of vegan grocery options and prepared foods)
Bread & Roses Food CoOperative (Tally's newest coop. members get great discounts, bulk section, awesome folks run this)
Tan's (go for the lunch special. order any of their dishes with crispy tofu instead of specified meat. $6, HUGE portions, sweet&sour soup. You won't be dissappointed)
Samrat/Essence of India (kind of pricey, but good for lunch)
Pitaria/Sahara's (decent meditterranean food. falafel and pita fries from pitaria are delicious. sub tahini/hummus for the tzaiki sauce though).
Monk's (veggie pita, awesome hummus, best patio in tallahasee)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head!

_________________
Food Stains


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:25 pm 
So Totally Yiffy
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:27 am
Posts: 41
Location: Orlando
Alina wrote:
sweetfritsy wrote:
Sweet Fritsy was at Veg Fest! I'll be there next year too for sure, it was amazing! Met so many new awesome customers :)


I bought your cupcakes! they were crazy good!


Aaaah awesome!

_________________
Sweet Fritsy-100% Vegan Baked Goods
http://www.sweetfritsy.etsy.com


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:18 pm
Posts: 3560
Location: It's hot. All the time.
I forgot to mention that Trampa has a Mellow Mushroom.

_________________
A whole lot of access and privilege goes into being sanctimonious pricks J-Dub
Dessert is currently a big bowl of sanctimonious, passive aggressive vegan enduced boak. Fezza
You people are way less funny than Pandacookie. Sucks to be you.-interrobang?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 1332
Location: Denver
The Top in Gainesville is tops. Their vegan chocolate cake especially. And the tofu benedict. omg.

_________________
my roommate spilled tuna juice on the bathroom floor while he was eating on the toilet! should i bleach the floor or just tear up the tile? - acr
Vegan Coloradical


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 am 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm
Posts: 216
Location: Orlando, FL
I'm gonna be in Gainesville for Halloween weekend and I am so stoked to eat there. what other places are worth checking out besides The Top?


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Louisiana
Alina wrote:
I'm gonna be in Gainesville for Halloween weekend and I am so stoked to eat there. what other places are worth checking out besides The Top?


are you going to the fest ix?

_________________
Food Stains


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
 Post subject: Re: Florida
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:22 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm
Posts: 638
Location: Louisiana
abbierae wrote:
The Top in Gainesville is tops. Their vegan chocolate cake especially. And the tofu benedict. omg.


yes to all that! if you're going to gainesville, go there for sunday brunch. It's going to be super crowded because of the aforementioned fest, but try to go anyway.

_________________
Food Stains


Top
 Profile WWW  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer